If I’m lucky enough to return to the Oireachtas for another term, I will be continuing my work in these areas. My main priorities for my next term will be pushing for:
- equity of access to well-funded, accessible and inclusive education
- a progressive approach to criminal justice reform
- greater progress towards gender equality and on sexual and reproductive rights
- greater political participation and empowerment of the marginalised, including working-class, migrant and Traveller communities
- continuing to take Trinity College into communities across the country
I’ll also be progressing several specific new initiatives in my second term, these include:
- Supporting lone parents: the creation of a statutory child maintenance recovery agency.
- Diversity in law: a new initiative on breaking down barriers to practicing law for underrepresented groups.
- Climate accountability: new legislation requiring large companies to annually publish the environmental impact of their commercial activities.
- Autism-friendly society: working to proof all public and private services for use by those with autism